Facilitation is a structured way to help people engage to reach common understandings, generate insights and ideas, develop, and select promising solutions and, when appropriate, plan for deliberate implementation of the promising solutions to address and solve problems. Facilitators ensure stakeholder ideas are recognized and that engagement sessions produce results that inform or solutions that work.
Benefits of using a credentialed facilitator to engage stakeholders include that we:
- Maintain neutrally and have no stakes in the initiative, but rather in the process
- Bring best practices to clarify challenges, generate fresh ideas and insights, develop and ultimately select from among the most promising ideas
- Manage tensions/disputes among stakeholders
- Build cohesion and establish buy-in among stakeholders
- Create and sustain an engaging participatory environment
- Provide direction and inspiration